The GMWC headed west in August 2017 – to Dunkeld and through the Grampians to wineries at Great Western.
- A private tour of the 30,000-bottle cellar at the Royal Mail Hotel, Dunkeld, led by Sommelier Matthew Lance – featuring tastings of local and French wines, followed by a complimentary bottle of 2008 Dalwhinnie Shiraz
- A shared dinner featuring Victorian sparkling and Pinot Noir, as well aged Australian Chardonnays and Cabernet Sauvignon
- Tastings and a tour of the cellar at Best’s Winery, Great Western – including a complimentary bottle of 1964 Pinot Noir
- Tastings and a tour of the three kms of cellar tunnels beneath Seppelt Winery, Great Western
- Pies and vanilla slices at Waack’s of Ararat
And huge thanks to Statz for playing chauffeur!
Road trips don’t get much better.